Thursday, June 26, 2008

So I Went On The Interview

I think it went pretty well, but I'm not sure if I got it. I was there for about 2 hours, an hour with the HR lady (wife of the president) and about an hour with the president. The job sounds complicated but interesting, I hope I didn't seem like it seemed complicated... Anyway, at the end of my intervew with the president he offered to show me around the facility. On the one hand, I thought that was a good sign. On the other hand, I've worked for people who just wanted to show their business off. I do know they weren't too pleased with the last buyer for leaving within a year after she promised she'd stay if her husband deployed - I hope they don't hold the Army against me (I really will stay!). I REALLY want it ... keep your fingers crossed for me, please. They had a few more interviews this week and they'll be calling either Friday or Monday with news either way. I'll let you know when I know.

I really want a job. A good one. That pays me for the time I spent in college. That's closeby. And that comes quickly because I have my eye on an AMAZING new white leather coach bag, but I can't justify buying it when I'm not bringing any money in but I want it NNNOOOWWW. I'm afraid it will go out of season soon (not that its possible for white to go out of season here, I just don't want it to be rotated out of stock its taken me a year to find one I like!).

So here I sit, it's 10:30PM. Erik is in bed and I'm scouring the want ads again but I should be in bed because I have to get up at freakin' 5AM to haul Erik into work since his car decided to start smoking on H1 this morning. (H1 is one of the highways here, there is H1, H2, and H3 - they're not cryptic here.) Maybe when he gets home from his next year long jaunt in the desert I can talk him into buying a new car for himself.

The girls and I went shopping today and Melissa and I got new slippers. I don't know about her, but I pretty much love mine - I haven't taken them off since I got home!

PS - I've had the hiccups like 15 times today. They WON'T stop! I just hiccuped and hiccuped my way through the shopping center this afternoon. I was so loud this morning Baxter was howling at me. I used to like having them, I think I'm growing out of that phase.

2 comments:

  1. Keeping everything I have double... CROSSED!!!!

    and LOL about the hiccups and Baxter beign annoyed... I feel ya girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed for you! I really hoope you get this job. You deserve it and it'll be a great opportunity for you.

    Hope the hiccups went away. I went through a phase like that where I had them every day, multiple times a day, for the longest time. I'm not a fan of them!

    ReplyDelete