Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A Year Already?

My blog entry from Monday, June 04, 2007
I woke up this morning,With a feeling inside me that I can't explain.
Like a weight that I've carred been carried away.


And I know something is coming...
_____

It seems like yesterday that Erik came home. 478 days of waiting ended in a gym at Ft. Drum at 1 in the morning. I'll never forget those 16 months for the rest of my life.




I still remember the day I packed up my things and moved to New York to live alone for 6 weeks. My myspace quotes those six weeks as "the strangest, loveliest, loneliest six weeks in my history... But I wouldn't change them for anything." and I suppose that still rings true. My mom says of both her kids I wasn't the one she thought would move away from home, but guess what...


Writing this post made me go back and look at my old blog, from back when Erik and I first started dating and we met for "Pizza Wednesdays", when he moved to New York and any given post includes the number of days until the next time we would be together. It covers our engagement, the day he left and 3 (count them one, two, three) changed wedding dates, not to mention that damned extension. Sometimes I can't believe how far we've come and how hard we worked to finally be together.

See you and me have a better time than most can dream
Have it better than the best
So we can pull on through
Whatever tears at us, whatever holds us down
And if nothing can be done
We'll make the best of what's around.
-DMB

No comments:

Post a Comment