Sunday, August 17, 2014

Grateful

Tonight I was scouring my kitchen in preparation for the realtors visit in the morning (home selling is as big of a pain in the ass as home ownership, by the way...) and as I opened the doors of my (once seemingly unnecessarily large) fridge to wipe the inside, I was struck with how full it was. With P on solids and G literally eating as much as we do, we go through produce like it's air, and my fridge reflects that (yes that's a crisper full of yogurt). It's filled to the gills with delicious, nutritious, mostly organic freshness for my sweet family to eat, be nourished by, and grow from.

And in that instant I became even more grateful for my hardworking, happy-to-provide-everything-we-need-and-most-of-what-we-want, one-week-shy-of-finishing-his-masters-degree, getting-up-at-3am-to-catch-a-flight-for-work-and-hasn't-complained husband. So, so grateful. Maybe even grateful enough to organize that mess.


And seriously, check out that huge zuchinni on the left someone gave me. AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment