Tuesday, July 3, 2018

The Santa Secret

Listen people. We need to talk.

Twice now, unattended children have waltzed right up to my kids at the park and either attempted to or full-on spilled the beans about Santa to them.

One kid (literally) said to my barely 4 year old "Piper, do you still believe in Santa?" and I about jumped out of my skin and down his punky throat.

The last time, the kids were at the park with a sitter and a friend of my oldest (whose a few years older) asked if he knew about "The Santa Secret." Our sweet sitter covered things fast, especially well considering that she doesn't have kids of her own yet, and I haven't been questioned, but I know it's coming.

Can we all just collectively agree that when we share the truth with our children, we reinforce how  important is it that they don't overshare with other children? Is that too much? I realize that, in the grand scheme, especially given life on an Army Post, that this isn't a huge deal, but for a mama's heart, and a kiddos Christmas joy, it is. We get MAYBE eight Christmases full of magic before the truth comes out. Don't let your kiddos spoil it for someone elses. ESPECIALLY IF THAT SOMEONE ELSE IS ONLY FOUR FREAKING YEARS OLD.

Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment