Friday, July 6, 2018

Thoughts About Things

1. God Almighty, can we just be done with the cold-shoulder everything? And the no waist line dresses and tops?

2. Does everyone's child want to sleep in their slippers? I'll let you take a minute to guess which one of mine does.

3. My neighbor grows lemon basil and brings me a jar when she has an overabundance. If you don't have a neighbor like this you are missing out. She's awesome and lemon basil is the reason I was born.

4. For awhile I was driving all the way to Savannah (about an hour) to pick up groceries instead of having to go in and fight with the kids. Then they got a pickup spot about 30 minutes away. NOW MY REGULAR GROCERY STORE HAS THIS SERVICE. I show up, call them, give them my name, and they bring out my crap and load the car. If you aren't doing this, I highly encourage you to stop the madness and just do it. Put a movie on. Go to Starbucks on your way. IT'S LIKE A VACATION.

5. Are anyone elses kids EATING ALL THE THINGS during summer break? Lord have mercy on our bank account.

6. It's 4 o'clock and I need to wake up Nash or he'll never sleep tonight. But the house is so quiet when only two kids are awake. It doesn't even matter which two kids. Two is just infinitely easier than three.

7. I have been getting random emails from the lady named Elaine for a few years. For awhile I thought they were spam. Sometimes recipes, sometimes pictures of her eating ice cream with her grandkids. Once an ad for a toddler race car bed on Craig's List and a note with her asking if so-and-so might like this. My email address is sheena.lastname but her emails were being sent to sheenalastname with no dot, so I don't even know how they were coming to me. But they were. And when I received one that made me think that she whomever her Sheena was weren't on great terms, I decided she probably wasn't a Nigerian phishing scammer and it was the right thing to reach out. I responded to one of her emails and told her that I'm not sure who she was trying to reach, but I didn't think they were reaching their intended destination. It turns out I have a Canadian name twin. The universe makes me laugh sometimes.

8. Do people still not wear seat belts? I saw a sign today reminding people to "Click it or Ticket" and I wondered if people really need that reminder? If you AREN'T already wearing your seatbelt out of habit, please start. Also, don't smoke, either. Just in case the common sense police haven't made it out your way yet.

9. I really need to think of two more things. Oh! Here's one! Give your 4 year old an hour and your shop vac. She can work wonders on the traveling cesspool that is your mini van.

10. I was honored to be asked to guest blog for a friend while she's on vacation. It got blogging back in my head. Look for that coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment