Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Unfriended.

Despite the content of this post implying otherwise, I am not a person who keeps track of her FB friends count. I don't ever notice I've been unfriended until I think "I wonder what's up with so-and-so" and I search for their name only to find we aren't friends anymore. Though I do not usually ever unfriend people (the Army is much too small and I am far too voyeuristic), I do not harbor hard feelings about this - I know me, I know I'm a little much for some. I do harbor curious ones, though... I wonder what exactly was the impetus for the unfriending.

Did you just have enough of the potty training talk?
Was it the part where I bemoaned my extra-cushy life as a stay at home mom - the getting nothing done despite having all the time in the world?
The silly things my kids said?
Was it that time I mentioned that Jesus probably loves gay people too?
Was it that time I told you that brown people were people too?
Was it when I mentioned that there was a third political choice between a criminal and a bigot?
Was it that time I told you that while most Americans were at the mall, a small percentage of Americans were still being shot at in lands far from home?
The time I posted that if he builds that wall, I would teach my kids to tear it down?
Social commentary on the anti-vaccine movement?
Or maybe it was my over use of commas?
Sideline commentary?
Randomness?
The ENTIRE 2016 election cycle?

Yall. I see my flaws. But I seriously wouldn't unfriend someone for any of those reasons. Here are the reasons I have unfriended people:
They posted spoilers about The Walking Dead.
They ruined McDreamy's death.
They can't spell literally ANYTHING.
They are know-it-alls.
They only comment to be divisive and never to be uplifting.

Are you deeper than I? Am I just willing to overlook more because I'm so damn nosy? Do I just pick out random things about people to dwell on?

Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment