Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Things I've "Read" Lately

Let's just start by saying that I don't "read" things during this season. I listen to them on Audible. Erik says this is not the same, but he is very wrong. If you feel the way he does, just read words instead of listening to them. But seriously, there is something to be said for listening to a book being read BY THE PERSON WHO WROTE IT. They know those pages and the emotion and thoughts contained therein, far better than a random reader does. #AudibleFTW

Currently Reading:

Own The Day, Own Your Life by Aubrey Marcus - LOVING it. If I were a fitness fanatic, I'm pretty sure I'd be the female equivalent of this guy. So I guess that means he's abrasive. But I'm obviously fine with it. Tell it to me like it is, Aubrey! But not while my kids are nearby. #howmanytimescanhesayssexinonechapter

Recently Completed:

Robert's Rules, a Quickstart Guide by Clydebank Business. I joined the Spouses Club here on post and am suddenly the Parliamentarian. I am, as you might (not) be surprised to learn, nerdy enough to already have known RROO before this, the book was merely a refresher.

Beneath the Surface by Heidi Perks. This one was for book club. Ole Heidi likes to talk. But it was a good story once it started moving! Pretty safe to listen to while the children are around.

The Magnolia Story by Chip and Joanna Gaines. I like Fixer Upper and I like memoirs read by their author(s). Chip Gains kind of exhausts me and this story did not do anything to put me more in his corner. But they seem like fantastic parents and community leaders, and I enjoyed it overall!

Girl Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis. I wasn't super into this book. Everyone kept singing it's praises so I kept slogging through. Rachel seems awesome, I want to be her friend. But I wasn't moved until the last chapter. Then I was REALLY moved.

I'm actually kind of proud to have finished 6 books in the last couple of months. Maybe my brain will be less swiss cheese-y soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment