Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I don't mean to be whiny.

But I'm about to be whiny. It all stemmed from listening to Brad Paisley's "I Wish You'd Stay" on my IPOD about 16 times on the way home from Alexander "Hamilton" today. Blame Brad.

***I had a whole post whining about the deployment seeming to come faster and faster but I deleted it. A) Because it doesn't do me any good to whine, he's still going to have to leave, and B) because my husband doesn't need to know that I'm the whiny ass, when he's the one going to war.***

Melissa and I are becoming as bad as the boys. When we get together we always end up talking about deployment, just like when the boys are together they always end up talking Army. She and I should work on that. We said we would, but we didn't. Now I'm saying we should, because I can't stand much more thinking about the d-word. Especially while Erik is away. We still have time, so I can't conduct myself as if we don't. Myproblem is the coming home to an empty house and having too much time to myself. And laying awake at night because of the neighbors dog that likes to bark at 4-freakin-AM.

Speaking of dogs, you have to ride the bus to get from the pier to the transit center (where you park) and this guy gets on with a pit bull, and sits his stinky, two seat taking up behind next to me and lets his freakishly large and (I can only assume) agressive dog sniff all over me. I was ticked. Who brings a dog on a bus? And please don't lecture me about pit bulls being just as sweet as bunnies. I know people who've been attacked by pits, I don't know people who've been attacked by bunnies. And anyway, I thought pits were illegal in this state.

And more on dogs, Baxter has learned to "speak" when I say "John McCain!" and to hide his face when I say "Barack Obama"... It's hilarious. He did the (new) McCain thing on the phone for Erik tonight. It was fun. Also, if you didn't know, Obama is here for vacation. I must have seen 10 people in town today wearing t-shirts that said "Obama Ohana" (ohana means family in Hawaiian). I find that interesting since they were all white people... Just sayin'.

Oh. The alarm people came yesterday, so don't try to break into my house.

I'm going to bed. I have to be up early to catch the bus to ride the ferry to get to work by 8.

PS - For those of you praying up my job search, I thank you. I got a call today, a "phone screen" for a great job with Goodwill as a job retention coach. The screen went really well, please cross your fingers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment