Saturday, August 9, 2008

If Heaven Was A Town, It Would Be My Town

So there I was, minding my own business on the ferry at 6:30AM, rocking out to Song Of The South by Alabama (on my IPOD, of course) when I get a text from my friend Garrett telling me to call him when I got the chance. I did. We talked the whole ferry ride, just catching up on life, gossiping (we're 14 year old girls), and of course talking about politics. (GK was my VP in SGA. Got it? - Garrett was my Vice President in Student Government.) During said convorsation I get a text from my old roommate Patty about our friend Katie's birthday celebration at the local bar, Cowboys. And that's when I really started to miss my Weatherford family. It's nice to know though, that in the middle of life, one phone call can make you feel like not even a day has passed since we all went our separate ways (er, I went my way, I guess. Since I was the first to leave.).

I miss them. My life wouldn't be what it was without them. Heck, I wouldn't be who I am without them.

No matter where I'm at
I can't pretend
I've found something better than where I've been
Cause where I'm from
Is who I am

And no matter how far that I run
I keep coming back

Okay, enough of that weapy crap, none of them even read this (to my knowledge anyway). And plus, I have other news to report. Lets get started, shall we?

1. I could not be more disappointed in you John Edwards. Seriously. Your wife has CANCER. Get control of yourself, would ya? Jeeesus.

2. I made it through the ferry ride without getting sick this morning. But I also took Dramamine and rubbed my nausea cream on my wrist (the stuff I got from the kooky doctor when I had the flu), and of course I was distracted by babbling on the phone. I curled my hair so that if I did get sick they'd think I was a different person and not the girl from yesterday who was idiot enough to come back for round two.

3. The company I was working for in Honolulu is called Alexander Baldwin. I had a nice time there, everyone was very sweet. There wasn't a lot to do, so I was allowed to read my book as long as I did it on the sly. Anyway, I kept wanting to say "Alexander Hamilton" when I answered the phone. I made the joke to one person and she was like "Is that a company on the mainland?" and I was like "Oh... No... ?" trying to play it off. Well, somehow this Alexander Hamilton business came up twice more of the course of my two days there and not a single person knew who the heck he was! I should go back on Monday with a freakin' $10 bill. Helllllooooo, FOUNDING FATHER! If anything, shouldn't they remember the "Got Milk?" commerical from a few years ago where the guy puts a whole wad of peanut butter in his mouth while listening to the radio. The announcer says (something like) "For $1million, who killed Alexander Hamilton? Lets to go our random caller!" And the PB-eaters phone rings and he's got all that PB in his mouth so all he can says is "AAawnn Vrrrr" (Aaron Burr). Geez, Erik and Garrett both thought of that too. Funny how I surround myself people as strange as I...

4. My dad (David, not Charlie) is an excellent cook (although Charlie isn't bad either!). He used to make these delicious Salmon patties. I tried tonight and failed. Miserably. I couldn't remember the recipe so I looked online and nothing looked right so I just started throwing crap into a bowl. Then I decided to take out one patty. Then I threw some more crap in, and took out a couple more patties. Then I did something to the last one, I don't remember what. Then I dipped one in cornmeal, another was coated in crushed saltines, one just got thrown in the skillet naked and that fourth one just isn't really registering in my memory at all. Anyway, I burned them because I'm not used to trying to fry things. And they mostly tasted like crap. Fishy crap, actually. I told Erik to be glad he missed that one. He's pretty good about eating whatever I put in front of him, but I'm also not brave enough to try to make things by myself if I have to feed it to others. So anyway, I took a bite of each and just decided to eat the can of corn I'd made as a side dish. My hands reek of Salmon now.

5. Speaking of Salmons. Melissa and I are going on an excursion to Aiea tomorrow. Fun will be had.

I'm going to bed. Good night all!

3 comments:

  1. I could never ride a boat everyday- I get motion sick floating in the ocean :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a feeling that talking about making Salmon pattys, somehow I would come up in the conversation. Rich should have been named after some other fish, one that isn't in EVERYONE'S diet! Oh, all those people you work with are just plain dumb. 4th president people!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me smile :) I love how talking to old friends makes you feel like you're right at home again.
    Kudos to you for going out on the ferry again - and NOT getting sick! I have the worst motion sickness of anyone I know. I had to wear those sea-sick patches when I went on a cruise!
    Hope the job situation gets better for you.

    ReplyDelete