Saturday, August 16, 2008

Lazy Saturday

This is going to be the most boring blog in the history of bloggery. If I were you, I'd stop reading now.

So I've taken up scrapbooking. I was saving it until Erik left, but I was too bored not to start. I have avoided it for years because I'm so anal that I thought I'd spend too much time perfecting each page - turns out I was right. I worked for 6 hours last night and only got 3 pages done. I spent 4 hours on just one - a page dedicated to Erik's running of the Boston Marathon while at FOB Salerno in Afghanistan. I'll tell you what, buying the supplies here makes me miss Hobby Lobby, everything is half price at least once a month - I'd save TONS!

Here's a picture incase you're interested (of the Marathon, not of my scrapbook supplies).

I'm not sure what the heck he's doing pointing at someone, but... Anyway, I can't believe this was two years ago! For those of you who don't know, there is an (almost) two year age difference between Erik and I. As I was reading the article I cut from the newspaper before scrapping it I realized that Erik was only 23 when he left. It seems so odd to me that he was younger then than I am now. For some reason, he's always seemed so much older to me. Enough about that! God, I hate how this stupid deployment monopolizes my thoughts the way it does. I'm going to run off all my friends if I don't drop the Debbie Downer routine.

I have a job interview on Monday at the Bank of Hawaii. They have a tower HERE in town! I'm really crossing my fingers!

Well I'm off to go read my book. I keep saving my reading for bedtime, but I don't get very far before I fall asleep and I'm totally invested it - I need more! I'm reading "I KNOW THIS MUCH IS TRUE" by Wally Lamb (who also wrote SHE'S COME UNDONE - another AMAZING book!). I've read both of them a few times, but IKTMIT is so long that it's impossible for me to remember all the twists and turns the book takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment