Saturday, November 9, 2013

Full Disclosure: I Have Great Friends

The number of messages, emails and texts I received in response to my post about my unhappiness in my current situation has been quite surprising.

I have said several times that I really only write on here for myself usually, so to know so many people are reading is kind of nice. Though I wish I had known before I posted something so damn whiny, because I'm not usually like that. But I guess if you're reading this you know me, and you know I'm not that whiny.

So thanks for all the uplifting comments and the complements. I've been feeling so discouraged not only with my status as a stay at home mom, but my feeling of absolute incompetence at the job - to the point that I wondered if I was supposed to stop having children. It's comforting to know I'm not alone in this sometimes discouraging journey. Moms I thought had it all together have told me that they feel the same way, which is the most comforting thing of all. Even supermoms get the blues.







2 comments:

  1. Yes, Sheena, You're not alone! Keep posting. RETA@ http://evenhaazer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the few days I spent with you guys this summer, it was evident to me what a great Mom you are to Grant (and now Piper). Grant is always so happy, which is evidence of all the love he gets from you and Erik. You were so patient with him, something I admired greatly as I repeatedly lost my cool with K. It's hard when you are by yourself at home all day, especially with no other stay at home Moms/military friends who you can commiserate with. Don't doubt yourself for a second that you aren't the best thing for your children right now! They will go to school someday, and you'll be back at work eventually, thinking back on all these days, wishing for one more day (at least that's what my Mom told me ;) ) You're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete