Sunday, November 10, 2013

Thankful #4: My In-Laws.

I like my parents-in-law.

And I'm pretty sure they like me too.

Do you know how much easier this makes life?

I admit that sometimes I get a little irritated with them, for whatever reason. But not only am I sure the feeling is occasionally mutual, but also, I get irritated with my own parents the same way.

They really do love me like I'm one of theirs, and I love them like they're mine. Pat is no less likely to call me to chat than my own mom, and every summer Ken sends me a picture of a cherry limeade from a Sonic he stopped at during his travels because it made him think of me. I feel like I can talk to either of them about anything, and I really feel like both of them speak very candidly to me as well. I don't think twice about spending time at their house, even if Erik isn't around and man alive do they love my kids. It's hard not to love people who love the hell out of your kids.

I'm really, really grateful for the new family I got when I married Erik.

No comments:

Post a Comment