Thursday, April 7, 2016

Guess Whose Back (back, back, back).... Back Again...

Oh God I miss the 90's.

Yes, I'm back!

I still feel like blogging is the ultimate form of self importance, but I'm a terrible record keeper (as we've discussed ad nauseum) AND I think this will be a better way for me to keep far away family up to date on the happenings around here. SO... Probably a lot less snark and intellectual thoughts than I was known for in the past (HA!) but a lot more pics of cute kids.

I have been trying to get back on here for about a month actually, but OMG I have all these kids. And a dog. And a husband. And probably some plant dying in the corner. Things are hectic. I just feel like we're in constant chaos. I don't even actually have a post planned here, but everyone is napping and I saw this as my chance. If I don't start, I never will.

Last week I ventured up to Watertown, NY to spend a few days with my BFF. I took only the baby, so it was pretty much like having a vacation. You know, because he doesn't talk or ask a million questions. He actually barely makes any noise at all unless he's mad and he really only gets mad if his feet are touching something while he's trying to eat. P was like that too. It's SO ANNOYING! He screams in fury just the way she did. I also didn't have to travel with ANY baby gear, because her kiddo is a toddler so all the baby stuff was available at her house. I took ONE (yes, one) suitcase.

We had a super great time and while I was gone Erik took the big kids hiking and to a toddler time at a national park about an hour away. While they were painting at Toddler Time I was IN A COFFEE SHOP, SURROUNDED BY GROWN-UPS, DISCUSSING A BOOK. (((I wrote that in regular font to start out and then I decided it was probably the biggest part of the post, so I went back and capitalized it. BECAUSE I WAS IN A COFFEE SHOP, SURROUNDED BY WOMEN (and babies, but they don't count) AND WE WERE DISCUSSING A BOOK WE HAD ALL READ.))) All of us. We made time to read the same book. Maybe you've heard of it. It's called a book club. I think it's what happens when you have lots of friends and not a million children, a husband, a dog and I don't know what else that keeps me from doing this sort of thing regularly. It. Was. Amazing. Whenever I think of that little jaunt up north, I definitely think I'm going to think of that morning at Crissy Beans in Watertown. Eating my coffee, nursing my baby, talking about a book and harkening back to my more fabulous days. My hair wasn't even in a ponytail! You guys, it was fantastic. I felt so carefree. But I sure did miss those babies I was getting picture texts of all morning.  I'd include the pics here, but my phone is upstairs and N is asleep and I am just not going in there until I have to.

Oh wait, I have to. Pipes just woke up.

So there we go. Re-entry to blogging, Volume 3, Issue 1, DONE! :)

(((HI PAT!!!)))

1 comment:

  1. Happy you're back and can't wait to read more of your ramblings. :)

    ReplyDelete