Tuesday, April 26, 2016

HHI

A few weeks ago our dearest friends made the drive from MA down here for a visit. They stayed with us a few nights, then went up to Hilton Head, then we met them there for their last few days in the area. And fun.was.had. Here are a few pics of our people on our little getaway.

I mean, why not start out the day with a smile? And those jammies...
Frolicking in the baby pool!
On the first day, Erik was gone so she swam with Dave. We decided on a little tough love. This was the product the next day...
Here she was loosening up a bit.
Erik honestly has a tan line from her hands around his neck


These flew over and the boys started screaming "PTERODACTYLS!!!!"
 
Deluxe Baby Accomodations




In re the above pic:
Erik and Dave have been friends since around junior high, and then Dave's wife Vickie joined the crew in high school. Obviously, I was very late to that party.

 One night as the TEN of us piled in to an elevator to go down to dinner - with our combined HALF A DOZEN CHILDREN, I asked them if they ever thought this could ever possibly be their future. I wasn't that introspective in high school (and I didn't want children) so a family vacation for TEN was NOT on my radar then, and apparently it wasn't on theirs either because they just said all they really thought about was the next party and who was hosting. I just think it's so funny and neat that they've all seen each other through so many phases of life. I really envy that and am so grateful that they've accepted me with open arms into their little group.

_____

On the second night, Grant and Dave were feeling under the weather. We were going to roast marshmallows at the fire pit and take the kids swimming after dark, but Erik had class at 7 online and by the time that was over Grant and Dave were in their respective beds shivering off a fever. The compromise was to roast mallows at 10AM the day that we left. The pics aren't as good as they could have been, but fun was had regardless.


She never effing smiles for the camera!

My photographers assistant.


She got sick of waiting and went straight for the crackers.

Rendered cross-eyed by the deliciousness.

The resort also had one of these super cool chess/checkers boards. The kids were amazed!



Daddy was leaving for a few weeks after we got home, so we took the opportunity for some pics. I wish I would have turned the camera on myself! G was still feeling under the weather. He came home and slept the afternoon away. I have since determined he was in the early phases of Roseola.
Did I mention that she never smiles for the camera? Her entire life so far has her looking like a deer in headlights.
As an aside, Dave and Vickie came to visit us the most when we were in HI. I think they came an average of every 4 months, even if Erik was deployed. Hilton Head is really pretty. But we all agreed - it ain't Hawaii.

As another aside, if I can offer advice to anyone about anything it will now be to take vacations at resorts that you NEVER HAVE TO LEAVE. We have A HALF A DOZEN CHILDREN. No one wanted to go to the damn car. And thank God we didn't have to. The Omni on Hilton Head has EVERYTHING!

1 comment: