Sunday, December 15, 2013

5 Reasons I Cloth Diaper

1. Let's get to the nitty gritty right off the bat - I have fewer poop dealings. A)Because cloth diapers "blow out" far, far less (if ever), B) Exclusively breast-fed baby poop is water-soluble so I can just throw the poopy diaper and whatever wipes I needed in the washer. Rinse, wash, rinse, dry. Bam.

2. They're insanely cheap in comparison to disposables. In one more month, we'll make back all the money I spent buying top of the line organic cotton cloth diapers (initially... - meaning, excluding the $100ishhhhh I spent on Black Friday on diapers I don't have to do anything with but pull out of the dryer) by not having to buy disposables. And this with still having her in disposables at night (that were buy 1 box, get one box free during P's I'm-too-tired-to-think-about-snaps newborn phase) - so I've spent a grand total of $25 on disposable diapers for P in her lifetime. I haven't bought ANY diapers for either child since early-August. I feel like a millionaire! (and YAY potty training!!!)

3. A freshly laundered basket of diapers is the best feeling ever. It's like the relief of having a new box of diapers. For free. And without having to hassle with going to the store or breaking open the box (because where the hell are the scissors when you need them?) and forcing open the plastic wrap.

4. My baby's Carbon Footprint is less than your baby's Carbon Footprint. Unless you consider the heater that we have to constantly run now, but I guess that's with all babies in winter...

5. Holy crap are they cute. At first I thought people who liked "fluffy butts" had some issues. They make P's clothes lay funny and that irritates me - HOW can people find this cute? Now I know they just meant the print (or, at least I do). Plain old Elmo printed Pampers are lame. P's Hula Girl pocket diaper is where it's at!

A fresh "box" of diapers. Note the cute Hula Girl diaper in the top left. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment