Saturday, December 14, 2013

RIP Ocean Wonders Baby Swing

A few days ago, our baby swing died.

We weren't too sad. It was a hand-me-down from before we had G, and it was battery operated. The batteries we went through per child ran us more than just buying a new swing, but if you don't already know this about us, we're pretty frugal when it comes to "things," we'd rather pay for experiences - this is why we've lugged what I estimate to be a 15 year old, non-matching washer and dryer set all over the country.

But the swing death left us unprepared and I went through 2 of the hardest days with P since she came home. That girl NEEDS her swing for her long mid-morning to early afternoon nap. NEEDS. The first day, she just didn't take the nap at all. So that was awesome... The second day, I literally rocked her for 4 hours. I didn't mind, but it kind of threw me off my rhythm and I haven't really been in the mood to do any naptime housework since (that's my story and I'm stickin' to it).

But the internet came to the rescue and a "mere" 36 hours later, a new swing was sitting on our snow covered porch. I opened the door and exclaimed "thank you, Jesus!"

Now, I told you all that, to tell you this:

I've cancelled Christmas.

There is nothing G could possibly enjoy more than the box the swing came in. He spends HOURS in it a day. It's already starting to come apart at the seams and I'm thinking about fixing it. Yeah, it's a huge box in my living room, but it contains all our main floor toys and they aren't scattered all over anymore. Plus, it's brown, and that kind of goes with our color scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment