Thursday, March 1, 2018

Thoughts on the Best of Friendships

Last week I made a whirlwind trip to VA to visit my best friend and her family, including two new babies that I haven't gotten my hands on since they were born in November! And those sweet babies, though fabulous, were not the highlight of my trip.

If you don't already have one, you have got to get yourself a friend with whom you have so much to talk about that you get a sore throat 24 hours in to the visit. And you should leave visits with this friend exhausted from staying up so late talking, ridiculously full from eating and drinking so much, and a heart full of the kind of love and affirmation a close friend can provide.

A spouse that accepts you warts and all is one thing. A friend that can poke gentile fun at those warts is another. Because they have them too.

I am so grateful to have come upon this kind of friendship. Each visit is a renewal. From which I need a juice cleanse. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment